FREQUENCY IS A KEY COMPONENT IN ENERGY—SOUND, LIGHT, AND MOTION
Brain waves’ frequency determines our experiences of being, thinking, and perceiving. Actions, habits, and words have the power to impact this frequency and control our state of mental well-being. With the right awareness, connection, and practical tools, each of us has the power to Change the Frequency of mental health in ourselves and others.
Project AWARE aims to effectively…
Increase awareness of mental health issues by developing and expanding school-based mental health infrastructure
• Completion of School Health Assessment Performance Evaluation System (SHAPE) to measure mental health program quality and sustainability
• Development of Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) district-level teams, inclusive of behavioral health specialists
Increase capacity of school staff to detect and respond to mental health issues through evidence-based tools and systems of support
• Provision of professional development opportunities for educators and community members such as Conscious Discipline, Youth Mental Health First Aid, and Restorative Practices to improve detection and response to mental health issues
Increase school’s ability for early identification and intervention to address mental health needs
• Utilization of evidence-based, mental health tiered interventions such as Social and Emotional Learning (Tier 1), mental wellness small-groups led by social workers (Tier 2), individual, and school-based therapy through partnership with Community Mental Health Centers (Tier 3)
• Universal screening for student populations to identify those in need of mental health supports and/or further assessment by a mental health professional
• Development of clear referral pathways and procedures for families to access mental health support
Increase student/family access to treatment, wrap-around resources, and services for vulnerable school-aged youth who may have behavioral health issues
• Increase partnership with Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) or other community providers to increase access to school-based services
• Development of collaborative initiatives for engaging students and families in addressing identified needs, such as student anti-stigma clubs
Stay up to date on the latest Change the Frequency initiatives.
All activities and resources shown on this website are a result of the FY 2018 Project AWARE –SEA grant awarded to the Indiana Department of Education by the Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), FOA, No. SM-18-006, CFDA No. 93.243.